Back to Mac: Employee guide to fall 2022
As staff continue to return to work in-person more frequently, this guide provides information and resources you will need to stay updated on McMaster’s plans for fall 2022.
McMaster will continue working with our internal experts and public health officials to monitor for any significant changes, including any new variants of concern, to ensure we are adapting our response to protect the health and safety of all campus community members. The following applies at this time:
- McMaster’s Vaccination Policy was paused on May 1, 2022.
- Masks continue to be encouraged when indoors, especially in classrooms, libraries, crowded spaces or close workspaces. Masks are still required in some settings, such as hospitals.
- We encourage everyone to stay up to date with vaccines. Information on boosters and where to book an appointment is available here.
- Here is more information on all of our fall 2022 plans
Getting to Work
- McMaster continues to support flexible work arrangements for its employees: learn more about how to develop an arrangement on McMaster’s HR website.
- Changes have been made to parking arrangements for faculty and staff for the fall term, stay up to date on McMaster’s Parking Services website.
- Plan how you’ll get to work, including applying for or renewing a full-time parking pass, researching public transit schedules or looking into bike racks and secure bike storage options.
Stay home if you are not feeling well
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend campus and use the Ontario COVID-19 self-assessment tool. It provides direction on the next steps if an individual has been exposed to COVID-19 or is experiencing symptoms.
- Report to the university through Mosaic if you test positive for COVID-19 on a rapid test or a PCR test and have attended a McMaster location in the past 14 days.