Eating is permitted across campus except for in specific areas, such as the libraries, and some communal spaces. See general guidelines of eating on campus below.
Please refer to the Hospitality Services website for hours of operation.
Based on provincial guidance and campus safety measures outlined by McMaster’s Environmental & Occupational Health Support Services (EOHSS), students, faculty and staff members are asked to adhere to the following general guidelines for eating on campus:
- Limit the amount of time in eating spaces
- If you are not eating, the library is a better space for studying, where masks are required
- While not required, a minimum of 2m distancing is encouraged where possible
- Wash or disinfect hands before/after eating or drinking
- Clean tables, microwaves, and other commonly handled items before/after use
- Dispose of garbage
- Though not required as of June 1, masks are strongly encouraged indoors when not eating and drinking