Parking update for winter 2022
Faculty members and staff
As a greater number of staff and faculty return to campus in the new year, McMaster’s Parking Services team has revised the university’s flexible parking pass options to help those with hybrid work arrangements or who aren’t on campus full-time.
Parking passes for the winter term will go on sale online in mid-December for all faculty and staff. Options for parking during the winter term for faculty and staff who previously held a parking permit, currently hold a parking permit, or have never held a parking permit are detailed on the Parking Services website (Winter Parking 2022).
- Reinstating parking permits for faculty and staff: If you placed your full-time parking permit on hold during the fall, you can reinstate your parking permit at any time during the winter term, as either a full or part-time permit. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Part-time parking permits for faculty and staff: Part-time parking permits were introduced in the fall of 2021 and will continue to be offered to staff and faculty members this winter at McMaster’s main campus, the Ron Joyce Centre in Burlington, and the David Braley Health Sciences Centre.
- A part-time parking permit will provide twelve visits per month, at a reduced rate.
- At this time, part-time permits are available to purchase online for those who already have an approved transponder.
- If you do not have a transponder or have never held a parking permit, email email@example.com to apply.
- Staff and faculty who would like to purchase parking permits for consecutive months in the winter term (January, February, March, April), rather than one month at a time can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the next academic term, these options will be reassessed and communicated.
Parking Permits for Students
- Students will be offered only full time permits for the winter term. Student parking permits are now available for purchase and are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Student parking permits can be purchased on our website at this link: https://eparking.mcmaster.ca/
- Interzone access for the winter term is detailed on the Parking Services website.
The Parking Services team can be contacted to answer your questions. Please email email@example.com.Back to Mac Updates, Faculty and staff, Students